The difference in how a person’s body reacts to CBD oil and medical marijuana is determined by their endocannabinoid system with which CBD interacts and the product’s terpene profile. The purpose of using cannabis also decides the right time. If you are using CBD for a sleep disorder, as many people do, take it at a time when it would be okay for you to fall asleep. If you take it in the morning or the course of the day, it will make you sleepy and reduce your productivity. ECS research shows that CBD, unlike THC, is not psychoactive, and therefore, its effects may not be as adverse despite the time you take it.
Can I Take CBD Oil at Any Time of the Day?
The best time to take CBD oil is a question many people ask. There is no clear answer to it because CBD has different effects on different people, and people take it for various reasons. There isn’t a time when CBD oil affects all people the same way. So in a certain sense, you can take your CBD oil throughout the day. People are taking it every hour of the day and enjoying the benefits they are seeking. Everyone, however, has to find the time that works best for them.
The Right Time for CBD
The vast majority of CBD oil users take it in the morning to help them boost their energy levels throughout the day. Sometimes they lace their coffee, smoothie, or whatever beverage they are drinking for breakfast with it. There still other people who take small portions of their daily dosage at regular intervals throughout the day. This approach is ideal for people who want to maintain certain levels of CBD in their bodies. They are usually people who take the CBD oil to help them manage symptoms of a disease.
Some people take their CBD on demand. An excellent example is someone who suffers from seizures. They can take the CBD oil if they realize that an attack is in the offing. People who take the oil for this purpose can use it at any time of the day as the need arises.
The other time-sensitive group of people is those who take the CBD oil to help them sleep. The best CBD oil for sleep is usually mixed with serotonin and other agents to boost its potency. This oil should be taken at night unless the user has another condition that makes it necessary for them to sleep during the day.
CBD: Day vs. Night
The following are some reasons to take CBD oil during the day: –
- To start the day with clarity
- To reduce stress and help cope with the difficulties of the day
- To help with your workout
- To improve your energy levels throughout the day
The following are reasons to take CBD at night
- To help you relax after a long day at work
- To help switch off work stuff
- To reduce discomfort if you have a condition that causes night-time discomfort
- To help you sleep
Timing and the Effect of CBD
CBD has a variety of effects on different users. Some people report enjoying a calming effect when they take CBD in the morning while others report to being energized by it. Like with many other aspects of CBD, every individual needs to try and find out how it is with them. Once they have identified the effects it has on them, they can then decide when they want to get the feeling CBD causes them.
CBD: Can You Take Too Much?
CBD is not toxic, and people have been known to take up to 2000mg per day without any significant side effects. There has never been a reported case of CBD overdose, and so the answer to whether one can take too much CBD is ‘no.’
Ways to take CBD
There are many different ways of taking CBD that work differently for different people and that are preferred by different users. These include: –
- Vaping which involves vaporizing CBD oil and inhaling the vapor. Other products, such as dab and hemp flower, can also be vaped. The user should look for the best CBD vape oil since not all of them are suitable.
- Taking it sublingually involves putting some drops of CBD oil or tincture in the mucus membrane under the tongue.
- Taking it with edibles and beverages. Edibles include CBD gummies and cookies infused with CBD, while drinks include coffee and tea. Some people even lace their beer with CBD.
- CBD dominant hemp flower can be formed into a joint or cigar and smoked.