Cannabidiol products are becoming a trend in every industry, and the beauty sector has not been left behind. Use of CBD products, such as CBD shampoo, conditioner, and organic cannabis-infused serum, is on the rise, with users looking to enjoy the wide benefits of these hair products and other general benefits of THC and CBD oil.
Like other marijuana products, CBD is hemp-derived products with multiple benefits. Even before the use and legalization of CBD oil and other products, hemp-seeds were already known for their nutrients and anti-inflammatory characteristics. It is also because of this that CBD hair growth products are increasingly becoming popular. With the wide array of CBD shampoos on the market, below are reviews of the best products with nourishing ingredients.
Our Top Picks
CBD products, including hair care products, are flooding the market. Coupled with plenty of wrong information in the public domain, there is a lot to consider before using CBD hair care products and finding the best CBD oil in general. That said, below are the best CBD shampoos for 2020.
1. EMERA Nourishing CBD Shampoo
Get 10% off all EMERA products as an AmericanMarijuanna reader. Use this code at checkout: AMMAGet Discount
The EMERA Nourishing CBD Shampoo is hands down the best CBD shampoo. While this is not among the best affordable CBD oil, the shampoo remains superior because of its overall qualities and the value it provides per ounce. Besides ensuring an almost instant shine after application, it is overly soothing when applied to the hair.
Different people use shampoos and hair care products for various reasons. Among the battles you might be fighting by using CBD hair care products is to nourish and protect your hair, which the EMERA Nourishing CBD Shampoo does excellently. It also soothes itchy scalps, restores scalp PH levels, and balances oily scalps after a few washes. What facilitates this is the rich blend of ingredients used in its manufacture.
Key ingredients of the EMERA Nourishing CBD Shampoo include;
- CBD oil – the main component of the EMERA Nourishing CBD Shampoo is cannabidiol, a compound of the cannabis plant. It integrates naturally with the endocannabinoid system in the body, reducing dry hair condition. This explains why most products with a high concentration of CBD can also be used as CBD shampoo for psoriasis treatment. CBD is rich in Vitamins A, C, and E. It also has excellent antioxidant properties, which help protect hair from external damage while promoting overall scalp and hair health.
- Hemp seed oil – they are rich in essential fats that enrich hair with important nutrients for a shinier appearance.
- Avocado oil – it provides the hydrating and boosts the protective action of the shampoo from external stress.
- Green tea, peppermint, and chamomile – contain antioxidants that strengthen, protect, and nourishes hair.
- Lemongrass – protects hair color and maintains its vibrant appearance.
Despite being a shampoo, the EMERA Nourishing CBD Shampoo is also a great body wash that can provide amazing benefits. So to say, you can also use it in place of the best CBD creams.
- Cleanses effectively yet gentle
- Prolongs hair color
- Nourish hair
- Strengthens hair and reduce breakage
- Protects environmental stressors
- Lab results are availed upon request
2. Pure CBD Shampoo by CBD For Life
Get 10% off all CBD For Life products as an AmericanMarijuanna reader. Use this code at checkout: AMMAGet Discount
The Pure CBD Shampoo by CBD for Life is another approved CBD hair shampoo with great effectiveness. As the name suggests, it is manufactured by CBD for Life, a brand that has focused on manufacturing quality CBD beauty products. The company manufactures CBD products in different formulations, including topicals, CBD gummies, tinctures, rubs, and roll-ons. They also have the best CBD oil for dogs, which are made as capsules.
Like other excellent CBD products, it comes with a unique ingredient blend containing essential oils and active botanicals, responsible for its gentle yet powerful cleaning action. The Pure CBD Shampoo by CBD for Life can be used for all hair types, including color-treated hair. Using the shampoo is also easy. You only need to squeeze a small amount of the shampoo into your wet hair and lather. You should then rinse thoroughly and dry. For best results, consider pairing the shampoo with CBD for Life hair conditioner.
Users of the shampoo don’t benefit from CBD alone. The manufacturer also blends incredible vitamins and minerals with proven health benefits. Other ingredients of this CBD oil include avocado, rosemary, coconut, and jojoba oil, which nourish your scalp and hair.
Despite the excelling hair care benefits of this marijuana shampoo, the Food and Drugs Administration hasn’t evaluated its effectiveness in preventing and treating diseases. The shampoo should also be used only externally and stored away from flames or excessive heat.
- 95% organic hemp seed shampoo
- Phthalates and paraben-free
- Full-spectrum CBD shampoo
- Quite pricey
3. CBD Shampoo by CBD Daily
Get 10% off all CBD Daily products as an AmericanMarijuanna reader. Use this code at checkout: AMMAGet Discount
The CBD Shampoo by CBD Daily is typically more of a moisturizer than a shampoo. With the aim of improving the health of your hair and scalp, this moisturizer is formulated with a unique blend of hemp, argan, and essential oils. The ingredients cleanse, nourish, and hydrate your hair and scalp effectively.
The shampoo is safe to use as it contains essential ingredients, free from sulfate and potentially harmful compounds. Star ingredients of this formulation focus on fatty acids and hemp seed oil. The inclusion of peppermint also gives the shampoo the power to stimulate strand and scalp health, improve shine and hair growth. Besides, everyone can use it, as it is safe for color-treated hair.
Using the CBD Shampoo by CBD Daily is easy. Pour some amount into your hands and lather through wet hair. You should then rinse with water and repeat the process if necessary. For amazing results, you should consider pairing up the CBD Daily organic hemp shampoo and conditioner.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Contains powerful ingredients
- Restricted lab results
4. Prose Customizable Shampoo
Get 10% off all Prose products as an AmericanMarijuanna reader. Use this code at checkout: AMMAGet Discount
The Prose Customizable Shampoo is an excellent CBD oil of choice for those looking for a personalized CBD hair care routine. The manufacturer, Prose, focuses on making your shampoo experience eventful. They manufacture custom CBD products by considering everyone’s unique lifestyle, goals, and environment in their ingredient blend.
The shampoo uses a sulfate-free base, which significantly tones down the suds of hair products. Eliminating sulfates also to keep your scalp and hair healthy by retaining the essential natural oils. To achieve a customized experience, Prose segregates all potential ingredients based on safety, source, and results. For instance, they source cannabidiol used from Germany.
Unfortunately, customization comes with a high price. You can get the 8.5oz CBD shampoo bottle for $25. Also, getting your formulation might take some time. You will have to answer some questions to get a specified formula to help you meet your hair goals.
- Soothing hair shampoo
- Customized shampoo
- Uses sulfate-free base
- High quality
5. Infinite CBD Hair Plasma
Get 10% off all Infinite CBD products as an AmericanMarijuanna reader. Use this code at checkout: AMMAGet Discount
If you are searching for the best CBD oil to improve the strength and thickness of your damaged tresses, the Infinite CBD Hair Plasma should be your product of choice. The shampoo improves the health of your hair from the roots. It solves the following;
- Dry scalp – this shampoo should be your choice if you have been struggling with dandruff and itchy dry scalp. The inclusion of peppermint and tea tree oil helps moisturize the scalp, leaving it reinvigorated.
- Hair conditioning – you can also use this shampoo if your hair feels frizzy and breaks easily. The inclusion of vanilla and sandalwood helps in strengthening fragile and dry hair.
- Shines the hair – this solution can work wonders if your hair lacks shine and luster. It is infused with lemon and chamomile, which restores a youthful shine in your hair.
- Promotes hair growth and thickening – several medical conditions can affect the health of your hair. This growth and thickening shampoo can help hair with stunted and thinned hair. The inclusion of rosemary and lavender essential oils promote hair growth from the roots.
- Powerful hair shampoo
- Can easily be included in a haircare routine
- Strengthens hair
CBD Shampoo Benefits
From the hemp shampoo reviews above, it is evident that it is prudent to include CBD oil shampoo in your hair care routine. Besides the common use of CBD products, such as in the treatment of anxiety and depression, alleviating constipation, and reducing Parkinson’s disease symptoms, below are hemp shampoo benefits.
Promotes hair growth
CBD shampoos are made from hemp oil, which contains essential ingredients that promote hair growth. These formulations contain fatty acids such as omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which stimulate hair growth. Fatty acids stimulate the formation of keratin, which restores the strength and promotes the growth of hair. For this, you should find the best hemp shampoo for hair growth.
Prevents hair breakage
Persistent hair breakage is another noteworthy hair problem that women face. Frequent hair styling, hair colors, and wear and tear often leave hair shafts prone to breakage. If you experience these issues, hemp-infused shampoos can help nourish the scalp and strengthen the keratin layer of hair strands. The stronger your hair strands are, the less they become susceptible to breaking.
Moisturizes the scalp
While some people experience dry scalp during winter, others experience dryness in all seasons. Dry hair can irritate the scalp and cause unnecessary breakage. However, products with hemp oil provide deep nourishing and moisturizing benefits. The formulations include coconut oil, which keeps your hair and scalp moisturized all through. You should also pair CBD products with the CBD conditioners.
Protects hair color
CBD shampoos contain ingredients that can be amplified when exposed to the sun, promoting natural hair color. That aside, manufacturers include beneficial ingredients such as lemongrass, which maintains the hair color.
Surprisingly, the scalp absorbs more than you can imagine. Fortunately, CBD shampoos feature peppermint and green tea, which are powerful antioxidants. They also help in restoring PH balances and eliminating dead skin.
Protects hair from environmental stress
If you have noticed, the majority of CBD hair shampoos have avocado oil in their ingredients. Like hemp, avocado contains many fatty acids, which offer a defensive coat that protects the hair from harsh external factors.
How Does It Work?
As mentioned, cannabidiol is among the key compounds found in hemp. Even though most people think of CBD as THC, they are completely different compounds. Nevertheless, both CBD and THC affect the body’s endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system in the body consists of nerves, receptors, and cells that work together with the brain to achieve homeostasis. Temperature, movement, and position signals originate in this system.
That said, CBD shampoos are absorbed in the hair follicles and the scalp. CBD in the products interacts with cannabinoid receptors in the skin, stimulating neurotransmitters to send messages to compatible receptors in the brain. Unlike CBD products, THC shampoo directly binds with ECS receptors in the brain.
CBD contains all the 20 essential amino acids, which makes them a rich source of proteins. Manufacturers of CBD shampoos include other ingredients, such as vitamins, which provide additional benefits to your hair.
What to Look For On a CBD Hair Product
If you haven’t used CBD shampoos before, making your first purchase can be daunting. With the plethora of CBD hair products available on the market, consider the following to find an effective CBD hair product.
Manufacturers should disclose the source of CBD used in manufacturing the shampoo. Every CBD product starts as hemp. Therefore, the source of marijuana should be determined. With the legalization of the 2018 Farm Bill in the U.S, different manufacturers can cultivate and extract hemp oil locally. It also outlines the standards and processing measures that should be observed to ensure that hemp products are not contaminated.
That said, determining hemp source can help avoid products manufactured from hemp with harmful chemicals, molds, pesticides, and other contaminants. Reputable CBD manufacturers should readily provide information about their hemp source. Some key details include;
- Location – where the hemp was grown. Locally grown hemp is always the best.
- Growing practices – manufacturers should state that their products are pesticide and GMO-free.
- Methods of extraction – examine the extraction of ethanol and CO2. Purity should be confirmed by lab testing.
- The manufacturing process – manufacturers, should use GMP compliant facilities.
What separates CBD shampoos from other shampoos is the inclusion of chemical compounds extracted from cannabis. Therefore, based on the concentration of cannabis compounds, not all CBD shampoos will be the same. Different CBD products are distinguished by standard labels, which are called spectrums. Spectrums define the concentration of hemp, specifically cannabinoid and terpene content, used in specific products. The spectrums include;
- Full-spectrum cannabis shampoo – shampoos with full-spectrum CBD means that CBD was not isolated from other naturally occurring compounds in cannabis plants. The compounds include flavonoids, terpenes, and fatty acids. Such CBD shampoos provide maximum benefits of CBD.
- Broad-spectrum CBD shampoos – these are full-spectrum CBD without THC. Such products are best for those who would like to enjoy the benefits of full-spectrum CBD without the brain-altering effects of THC.
- CBD isolates – as the name suggests, these are CBD shampoos extracted from hemp plants and isolated from other cannabinoids and naturally occurring compounds. The resultant CBD is 99% pure.
You should also consider the ingredient content of CBD shampoos. While products with additional ingredients, such as MCT oils, provide added benefits, some products contain potentially harmful ingredients. Avoid CBD shampoos with potentially harmful ingredients such as propylene glycol.
The surge in demand for CBD products led to the production of fake and ineffective CBD shampoos. Since transparency is key in the CBD industry, manufacturers should publish lab reports publicly. Lab findings can help you determine the purity and potency of your CBD shampoo with ease.
That said, besides ensuring that the manufacturer has published lab results, check for the screenings provided. Different tests are performed on samples to check for the presence of various compounds. Some will test for terpene potency, cannabinoid potency, pesticides, heavy metals, and more.
There is no doubt about the effectiveness of CBD in strengthening and maintaining hair. It provides the necessary fatty acids and nutrients to thrive. However, you should find a good and suitable product for your needs. CBD infused shampoos are a great addition to your shampoo experience. They offer immense benefits to hair prone to breakage, dry, and malnourished. For better results, check out the products mentioned above. Note that more caution is required when finding the best CBD oil for kids and pregnant women.